My New Teacher Help edWeb Community
New Teacher Help is a professional learning community (PLC) that helps new teachers get advice and support, and share experiences about the first years of teaching.
In our series of free webinars, live chats, and online discussions, you’ll explore how to:
- “Set the tone” for a productive year of student learning.
- Develop a repertoire of instructional strategies that result in higher levels of student engagement and achievement.
- Establish yourself as the “authority figure” in the classroom.
- Deal with students and parents who try to question your authority.
- Discover resources you can turn to for assistance when necessary.
- Develop techniques to increase communication and build relationships with students, parents, veteran teachers, administrators, and school support staff.
Presented by Shannon Holden, who has been a high school and middle school teacher and administrator, and a new teacher coach, in North Dakota, Texas, and Missouri for 20 years.
- Receive invites and reminders to free webinars
- Access the recordings for past webinars
- CE quizzes (to earn your certificate for viewing a past webinar)
- Additional resources and discussions
Preview the webinar “Inquiry-Based Learning” presented by Shannon Holden, Assistant Principal, Republic Middle School, MO. After viewing, take the CE quiz to earn a certificate for this session.
The New Teacher Help PLC is a place where you can post questions, start discussions, and get feedback from experts and peers on the issues and challenges you facing starting out on a career in teaching. Stay connected, share ideas, and get support from other new teachers all across the country.
Follow the link to sign up today!
New Teacher Help edWeb Community
– Shannon Holden